Don't forget to sign up for some of our upcoming Public Service events. These events put the face of the club out in the community so the community gets to know us better and not just thinks we're a bunch of smelly old, Timmy-worshiping, anti-social geezers with funny looking porcupine-like vehicles. The public service events are also a great opportunity to work as a team under net conditions and to exercise and hone your radio skills. They can also be fairly entertaining at times too!
- April 29th - The Spring Thaw run, Edmonton
- May 6th - The St Albert Run Wild Marathon. We'll need about 35-40 operators for this big event.
- June - The Fallen Four Marathon from Mayerthorpe to Whitecourt. We're also looking for 30-40 operators for this one too.
UPDATE: The decals have been ordered! We're ordering 40 pairs of the regular NARC decals, 1 pair of IC decals and 1 pair of NC decals.
To the right, here's an artist impression of our friend, Derp, demonstrating the IC decals.
Executive Board Update
Contgratulations to Bill, VA6GRZ, for taking on the role as Activites Director. Thanks Bill! The Club is looking forward to having you onboard.
- April 7th at the NARC site - Come along for an introduction to ICS-100. Check the event entry in the club calendar to the left for more information.
- Speaking of courses, NARC is almost always running a course or two. Keep an eye on the calendar for course dates.
- There will be no regular Saturday morning breakfast at the NARC site for April due to the training course that will be running on that day at the site.
- The next General Meeting is on April 18th.