Thread: Handheld Transceiver

Handheld Transceiver

OK so here goes....

I'm working on a project, trying to put a 2m (and or 70cm) Transceiver on my Motorcycle, yes you read that right "Motorcycle".

For a bit of Technical info, I have a SENA 20S Communicator on my Helmet, which has an assortment of advantages when riding, like FM Radio, Bluetooth and the ability to chat with the better half on her bike when we ride together. There is an
    "Add-On" unit for the SENA products called the SR10 which allows me to hook the S20 (Headset) to a Transceiver by way of a couple of cables and a wired PTT button, which in theory will allow me to have 2m on the bike (Neat eh?)

Only issue is the cables that come with the SR10 are only available for a few types of connector,

a) KENWOOD TWIN-PIN CONNECTOR
    b) Motorola TWIN-PIN CONNECTOR
    c) Motorola Single Pin Connector
    d) ICOM Twin pin connector
    e) Yaesu Single Pin Connector

So that's limiting in and of itself. Second issue is that due to the way and location of where the Transceiver will be mounted on the Motorcycle I need something that has a 12v Power input (Battery eliminator or similar) so it will run from the bike power, AND (Yes there's more) the Transceiver must also have a "Hard" power switch/state, meaning that it will be running on a switched circuit and power will be cut and or restored with the Ignition key, so the radio must be able to return to it's previous "State" when power is restored ie: volume levels, power state, frequency etc...

So far I have found that the YAESU FT-60 (NOT the FT60R) will fit the bill quite nicely, but I've only been able to find one retail and I'm not wiling to pay top dollar for a 14 year old discontinued radio

So I figured I would ask around here and see if anyone has an older Kenwood, ICOM or YAESU handheld they are willing to part with?

Thanks in advance...

Dave
    VE6OMC
    This ad was posted by: VE6OMC Callsign: VE6OMC Country: Canada IP Hash: 09388a7a1225889923a0eaa32b2a7294
    To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.
    If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send VE6OMC a private message.
    NARC assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of this listing
    Sr. Friend
    Join Date Jan 2014
    Posts 42

Re: Handheld Transceiver

You can make your own cable only thing the cable comes with your sena have to be cut open for the mic and ptt interface cable to hooke up to any radio or ft60
    This ad was posted by: Ancer Callsign: Va6rbc Country: Canada IP Hash: 541e205be3e2ca6b5bd4f502509c5731
    To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.
    If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send Ancer a private message.
    Jr. Friend
    Join Date Feb 2016
    Posts 1

Re: Handheld Transceiver

Hello Have an old kenwood th77a if that helps
    This ad was posted by: ve6edf Callsign: ve6edf Country: Canada IP Hash: 0d7a939eb7072ed78c22219eb6bd2aef
    If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send ve6edf a private message.