Thread: looking for help

looking for help

I am looking for someone who can help me install my kenwood tm710a radio in my 2003 ford sport trac. I live in Redwater but can travel for the help. The antenna I have is a comet SSb2 with hood mount. Can't see any place to run the cable (both power and antenna) through. I did have this radio installed in a 2005 toyota Echo, but it's gone.

thanks in advance

Mike
    Club Member
    Join Date Jan 2014
    Location Edmonton Area
    Posts 73

Re: looking for help

How are you making out with this Mike? Are you looking for location advice, design advice or someone to straight up do the installation for you?
    Any info should be verified against current, relevant texts on any topics discussed for verification of accuracy. Forum discussions should never be considered a reliable/accurate source of information. Any attempt of any project is at your own risk.

I need help with pushing the antenna and power through the firewall...the other I got it..still looking at it. This is what happens when you get old the brain doesn't work so well. Thanks for asking.
    Sr. Friend
    Join Date Jan 2014
    Posts 47

Check your firewall sometime they have pre drill hole already but has rubber grommet on them you gonna need a knife or cutter to cut triangle to get your wire pass through it this i did in my jeep. but not all has pre drill

Thanks for the advice...I'm still looking. I think I'll have to take the inner wheel well out to get to the firewall to see if there is anything without drilling a new hole.

Mike
    Club Member
    Join Date Jan 2014
    Location Edmonton Area
    Posts 73

I suggest searching for something called a "body builder" manual on the Google for your year or a similar set up. I think a police rigup book should have all the information needed for adding circuits and running antenna cables.
    Any info should be verified against current, relevant texts on any topics discussed for verification of accuracy. Forum discussions should never be considered a reliable/accurate source of information. Any attempt of any project is at your own risk.
    Club Member
    Join Date Jan 2014
    Location Edmonton Area
    Posts 73

Deleted a duplicate of the previous post.
    Last edited by VE6JOL; 1 Week Ago at 07:09 PM.

interesting never heard of a police rigup book. Where would one find one?
    Sr. Friend
    Join Date Jan 2014
    Posts 47

Im here in edmonton if you need help i can take a look and might able to help you setting up.

thanks I think I have it..
    Club Member
    Join Date Jan 2014
    Location Edmonton Area
    Posts 73

The search you would do to find it with google is for a "ford body builder manual". It is the book the rig up shops use to add equipment to vehicles. One version of a rig up manual could be one for a police car. I was just referring to the police version of a body builder manual and called it "police rigup book". You wouldn't find it searching for the term "police rigup book". I meant to say when you are searching for the body builder manual and you see one for a police car it would likely have what you are looking for. The website I'm posting below has some examples of body builder manuals for newer fords. If you can't find anything for your year, the newer models should be similar in many ways, especially for where they suggest running antenna cables.

https://fordbbas.com/home